Saturday, March 25, 2023

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you deal with entrepreneurial obsession?

Ask HN: How do you deal with entrepreneurial obsession?
9 by throwaway-001 | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Two years ago we me and my partners got an acquisition from a startup we created in the previous 2 years, while having a full time job, my background is software engineering. Since then I couldn't stop thinking on my next "idea". Rationally I know there is nothing that kills creativity like trying to be creative, one of my reference on the topic is Why Greatness Cannot Be Planned: The Myth of the Objective https://ift.tt/pFZNRYn. That being said, this entrepreneurial goal has polluted everything in my life and the way I see the world. I stopped to genuinely enjoy experience since everything became a potential problem to solve, I started to be less present during interaction with other people and I pretended to have less time for things that I like because of some phantomatic idea I had to test. I recently started meditating with Sam Harris's Waking up, which is really helping on bringing more awareness in my life, not solving my problems but at least acknowledge those are there. My goal is to understand if I still really want to be an entrepreneur or I'm just projecting expectations from the shadow of the past success, if the answer is yes I want to keep my exploration in a more sane journey. I don't believe I'm the only one experiencing what I described, did anybody deal with it / are you dealing with this? What was your experience did you find something that worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Florida School Restricts Access to Amanda Gorman’s Inauguration Poem

By BY AMANDA HOLPUCH from NYT U.S. https://ift.tt/fIlhCeE