Tuesday, April 19, 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you keep track of software requirements and test them?

Ask HN: How do you keep track of software requirements and test them?
25 by lovehatesoft | 14 comments on Hacker News.
I'm a junior dev that recently joined a small team which doesn't seem to have much with regards to tracking requirements and how they're being tested, and I was wondering if anybody has recommendations. Specifically, I would like to track what the requirements/specifications are, and how we'll test to make sure they're met? Which I don't know if this could be a mix of unit and integration/regression tests? Honestly though if this is maybe even the wrong track to take, I'd appreciate feedback on what we could be doing instead. I used IBM Rational DOORS at a previous job and thought it really helped for this, but with a small team I don't think it's likely they'll spring for it. Are there open source options out there, or something else that's easy? I thought we could maybe keep track in a spreadsheet (this to match DOORS?) or some other file, but I'm sure there would be issues with that as we added to it. Thanks for any feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Florida School Restricts Access to Amanda Gorman’s Inauguration Poem

By BY AMANDA HOLPUCH from NYT U.S. https://ift.tt/fIlhCeE